WomenSafe now offers counseling services in Lake County with support from the Lake County Board of Mental Health and Addiction Services: http://www.helpthatworks.us.
Facts & Figures
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Types of Violence
- Anatomy of an Abusive Relationship
- The Cycle of Violence
- The Power & Control Wheel
- Why Do Partners Batter?
- Why Do Victims Stay?
- Couples Counseling Does Not Work
- Myths & Realities of Domestic Violence
- Statistics on Partner Violence
Effects on Children/Teen Dating Violence
- Children Who Live With Domestic Abuse
- Talking to Your Children
- Teen Dating Violence
- Warning Signs of Teen Violence
- Ohio Victim’s Rights
- Criminal & Civil Law
- How to Obtain/Enforce a Civil Protection Order
- Legal Services
- Options for Ending Your Marriage
- Juvenile Protection Orders (Ohio House Bill 10)
- Impact Statement (Ohio House Bill 10)
- Healthy Relationship Presentations In Schools (Ohio House Bill 19)
- ODVN “Connecting the Dots” FAQ’s on Ohio HB 19
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic Violence
- Hispanic Resources
- Asian Resources
- Asian Services In Action, Inc.
- Local helpline for Indian women experiencing domestic violence: 440-734-7788
- Muslim Resources
- Jewish Resources
Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Deaf Abused Women’s Network (DAWN) www.deafdawn.org Video Phone: 202-559-5366 24 Hour Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deaf Women Against Violence Everywhere (DWAVE)
- WomenSafe TTY Accessible via Ohio Relay: 1-800-750-0750
- National Domestic Against Women Office, Counseling, Information and Referrals Across the Country: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY: 1-800-787-3224 www.thehotline.org
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Family Violence Prevention Fund
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- National Center on Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- National Network to End Domestic Violence
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-HOPE www.rainn.org
- Deaf Abused Women’s Network (DAWN)
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by WomenSafe of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. WomenSafe does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.
Please note: This information does not replace the guidance given by legal representation.
Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate or to add specific external links you believe ought to be included.